- Trainees know the tools and machines used in the straw bale construction sites.
- Trainees know the possible dangers, safe working practices, accident prevention regulations and security data sheets.
- Trainees know specific problems of straw bale building site organization. [Level 4]
- Trainees can read and understand architectural plans and construction drawings.
- Trainees know different structural options and infill methods. [Level 4]
- Trainees know that it is necessary to fix the bales and know the different technologies to do it.
- Trainees know how to cut the bales, when required.
- Trainees know that it is necessary to compress built-in bales and the different technologies to do it.
- Trainees can assess and select the optimum method of infill or prefabrication according to time, schedule, budget, resources and site requirements. [Level 4]
- Trainees have knowledge about prefabrication, its specific features of planning, its advantages and disadvantages. [Level 4]
- Trainees can handle tools and machines which are used in straw bale construction.
- Trainees can estimate the dangers and can avoid it.
- Trainees can execute different Infill construction methods, adjust the bale when required, and use different compression-, stabilization- and fixing techniques.
- Trainees can organize and do the work in time. [Level 4]
- Trainees can calculate the building costs (material, working hours). [Level 4]
- Trainees can use infill technique to prefabricate straw bale elements and adapt the element structure to a draught.
- Be aware of health and safety in relation to other workers, building site, machinery, equipment, PPE (personal protective equipment) and of issues specific to working with straw and straw bales.
- Trainees organize the building site at all stages. [Level 4]
- Trainees are able to explain different examples of infill- and prefabrication techniques, making reference to advantages and disadvantages of each. [Level 4]
U2 Learning Outcome – Level 3 | ECVET credit points: 25
U2 Learning Outcome – Level 4 | ECVET credit points: 20
U2 Session 1: Design and Planning 3 days
U2 Session 2: Construction Systems 2 days
U2 Session 3: Hybrid Constructions (NSS) 1 day
U2 Session 4: Infill Constructions (SSS) 2 days
U2 Session 5: Prefabrication and Modules 2 days
U2 Session 6: Building Details 1 day
U2 Session 7: Structural Engineering 4 hours
U2 Session 8: Timber Construction 4 hours
U2 Session 9: Tools on Building Site 4 hours
Links: U2 all sessions