Trainees are …
- able to organize building site, materials and tools
- aware of health and safety in relation to other workers, building site, machinery, equipment, PPE (personal protective equipment)
- able to prepare the surface of the wall and junctions between materials to receive clay or lime plaster
- practical exercises at a workshop or building site, together with relevant theory
- specific preparations related to building services (electrical, heating, water and waste water installation)
- Exercise to prepare the strawbale wall substrate including:
- Fill the gaps and achieve a homogeneous wall to ensure airtightness.
- Cut the surface of the straw to required evenness.
- Sweep it or, if possible, clean it with compressed air.
- To bridge junctions between different materials using hessian, reed and/or mesh.
- To provide a key on a smooth surface.
- To assemble technical details like corner protection, angles, airtightness tape, etc.
- To protect elements from plastering spills.
Materials/Documents: U5 S2 – Session Plan
Training Time: 1 day