Trainees are able to …
- be aware of health and safety in relation to other workers, building site, machinery, equipment, PPE (personal protective equipment).
- organize building site for cladding.
- use various materials for cladding using suitable installation.
- use tools and equipment for fast and safe application.
- install cladding support maintaining the qualities of the wall structure.
- install cladding construction with the required functions like ventilation, insect prevention, conservation, etc.
- coordinate working partners on building site.
- choose the most efficient and proven methods of applying cladding
- practical exercises at a workshop or building site together with theoretical support
- different technical systems and range of options for:
- ventilation and water drainage
- weather protection
- mounting systems
- fire protection (along elevation)
- wind tightness (outside)
- different materials for protection against animals/insects
- structural function and physics of different ways of planking and barriers and knowledge about how they are applied on supporting construction properly
- how the wall must be prepared for the application of different cladding materials
- the appropriate conservation methods for the different cladding materials.
- check if the support is ready for cladding application
- apply different types of barriers and planking materials
- check good execution to guarantee fire protection, air tightness, water proof, and rodents and insects protection
- group discussion about comparing the different solutions for most efficient and proven methods.
Materials/Documents: U5 S10 – Session Plan
Massive Wood Cladding
Training Time: 1 day